More Effective Communication Starts Here
The Writing and Media Center (WMC) helps students become stronger, more confident communicators. The WMC is a welcoming and inclusive peer tutoring center where friendly Communication Consultants offer individualized assistance to undergraduate and graduate students working on any form of written, oral, visual, or electronic communication.
New to the WMC? Check out our welcome video to see what we're all about!
Check out our Spring 2021 in Review here!
Check out our Fall 2020 in Review here!
Check out our Fall 2020 Newsletter here!
Check out our Spring 2020 in Review here!
Check out our Fall 2019 In Review here!
Check out our Fall 2019 Newsletter here!
Check out our Spring 2019 in Review here!
To donate to the Writing and Media Center, please click here. Thank you!
What would you like to do?
We're here to help!
- Schedule an appointment
- Register for an account
- Request a presentation or workshop
- Request brochures
- Apply for a job
- Watch our promotional video
- Get to know our team
- Dr. Stephanie Jones from Grinnell College will be speaking in the Campanile Room of the MU on October 19th at 4:00 pm.
- Students, sign up for a small group discussion with Dr. Stephanie Jones on October 19th from 1:30-3:00 pm here!
- Preparing for National Novel Writing workshop will be at the Ames Public Library on October 21st from 7-8 pm.
- Night Against Procrastination will be in the Campanile Room of the MU on October 24th from 7-9 pm.
- We have writing retreats coming up on 11/5, 11/12, and 12/3. Consider attending one of them!
“I visited the Writing & Media Center for help with preparing my resume for an award. The WMC provided me with excellent assistance on my resume and helped me put my skills, expertise, and experience into easy to understand words and phrases. As a non-traditional student who was formerly in the military, school and writing a resume can seem very foriegn. I would definitely recommend going to the WMC for any writing assignment that you would like another opinion on!” -- John Gidley, Kinesiology & Health, Pre-Health Professions
“I visited the Writing & Media Center to review my cover letter, resume, and a final essay for a class. My appointment was very helpful and informative, and I left feeling more confident in my work. My experience was extremely beneficial, and I plan on going back for other writing assignments. As a Kinesiology student, the WMC helped me organize my thoughts into a structured piece of work. I would definitely recommend the WMC to other Kinesiology students for any assignment. Whether it be big or small, rough draft or final touches, the WMC will help you through it!” --Morgan Kane, Kinesiology & Health, Exercise Science