The Writing and Media Center (WMC) helps students become stronger, more confident communicators. The WMC is a welcoming and inclusive peer tutoring center where friendly Communication Consultants offer individualized assistance to undergraduate and graduate students working on any form of written, oral, visual, or electronic communication.
What would you like to do?
We're here to help!
All free of charge!
We help with all forms of communication...
- Research papers and posters
- Speeches and presentations
- Capstones, theses, and dissertations
- Websites and e-portfolios
- Cover letters and resumes
- Personal statements
- Scholarship application essays
- Journal articles
- Emails and letters
...and all stages of the composition process!
- Understanding assignments
- Choosing topics
- Brainstorming ideas
- Organizing ideas
- Crafting thesis statements
- Incorporating quotes
- Citing evidence
Good to know!
- All enrolled students can have 1 appointment per day and 4 appointments per week.
- Appointments can be scheduled up to 3 weeks in advance. Plan ahead!
- Walk-ins are welcome. We will help you as soon as we can!
- Free printing is available to students with appointments. Arrive 5-10 minutes early!
- We can send your session notes to your instructor. Just let us know their email address!
- Cancellations are accepted with 24 hours' notice. Just give us a call or cancel online!
- We will not edit or proofread your work for you. But we will help you revise and polish your own work!
Find us on the campus map! All our locations are easily accessible on the Orange 23 bus route!
Carver Hall 208
- Monday - Thursday 9:00-8:00
- Friday 9:00-3:00
- (515) 294-5411
Hixson-Lied Student Success Center 1020
- Monday - Friday 9:00-1:00
- (515) 294-8899
Parks Library: LCC #4
- Sunday - Tuesday 5:00-8:00