Students work with peer communication consultants to develop ideas and effective communication. This service is free for any student who wants to develop their written, oral, verbal or electronic communication skills.
Make an appointment
- All students can make appointments through our online
- Students can call us at (515) 294-5411 to set up an
appointment, or stop by the WMC to do it in person.
- Appointments can be 30- or 60- minutes, depending on
- Appointments can be made at any of our three locations: 208 Carver Hall, 1020 Hixson-Lied Student Success Center, and
Parks Library LCC #4.
- Students are able to make up to four appointments per week,
with no more than one appointment per day.
The Writing and Media Center offers 10-15 minute outreach presentations that detail the services we offer to students.
If you are an instructor who would like to request an outreach presentation for your class, please fill out the request form here.
If you are a student organization leader, and would like to request an outreach presentation for your organization members, please
fill out the request form here.
The Writing and Media Center offers periodic workshops and writing retreats to help students succeed at Iowa State University and beyond. Learn more about WMC programming.
A list of answers to other frequently asked questions can be found here.